Welcome

Welcome

Friday, March 14, 2014

Why I Became A Beachbody Coach

My decision to become a coach was based off an offer for a free t shirt.  I was never part of a team growing up.  I didn't play sports, I didn't seek out group projects.  I had my friends and really didn't see the need to embarrass myself by attempting some sort of physical activity. 



As I got older I continued to avoid team activities because I figured I could do things just as well on my own.  I don't like to depend on people for my own success. 

Then I saw Mindy Hord post an offer for a free Team Relentless T-Shirt when you signed up to be a coach.  I had observed her success, she worked with this great team who really seemed to care about each other.  It made me think maybe being part of a team wouldn't be so bad.  Plus I would get a free shirt.

I was at a place in my life where I finally saw the benefit of a team.

I weighed 227 pounds, the heaviest I had ever been.  I had tried to several times to lose weight on my own and had been unsuccessful.  The idea of having support was appealing, especially because those on the team were not perfect.  They were also a work in progress.

That's why I joined Beachbody but why did I become a coach?  Because....
1) I wanted that T-Shirt
2) I wanted the extra support of all the other coaches
3) I wanted the accountability of choosing to make my journey public
4) The 25% discount was and still is appealing
5) And being able to make extra income by sharing my story and helping others achieve their goals really spoke to me 

Now that I have been a coach for about 5 months I see that all my above reasons are great and totally true and worth it, but the best part is how I am learning to trust.  I am trusting other people.  I am working on my personal development.

And through all that I am building relationships.  I am truly part of a team, I can see the appeal of a team now. 

I am able to help others who have the same struggles that I do.  This truly has been and I believe will continue to be one of the most rewarding opportunities of my life.

If you could relate to anything that I have written I urge you to reach out.  You may not be ready to be a coach, not everyone rushes into things like I do; but you may be ready for the support.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment